Cost savings in the order if 20% – 30% are attainable via the elimination of the need toexchange the substrate, material supply and transportation, earthmoving operations and soil disposal.
The primary benefit of employing the high-tech additive NT BASE is increased durability. As a result of this increase in performance, the useful life of roads and pathways doubles, while reducing maintenance and repair effort.
Due to its quick setting process and characteristics, the road is fit for traffic again after only 24 hours.
NT BASE improves concrete roads and are considered a budget-friendly, resourcesaving and ecologically sustainable technology for tomorrow.
APPLICATIONSNT BASE enables to:
- Specify the elastic module of the mixture independently from the amount of cement used. Thus you can define thicknesses and characteristics of the construction layers. With NT BASE you can realize continuous or discontinuous granulometric curves (open grade or close grade).
- Decrease the water sensitivity. NT BASE will extend the life and the maintenance cycles of your roads and layers made with any type of inert or recycled material.
- Stabilize any type of soil or aggregate material as it allows the reaction of the cement in the presence of organic substances or pollutants of chemical origin.
- Save up to 75% of construction time compared to a standard road design, in which base layer and soil stabilization are two separate processes. Milling machines, graders, compactors are needed for each layer. Using quicklime in the standard process makes two separate milling and mixing processes necessary. With NT Base the stabilization layer can be done in one work process, which means that the construction of the base layer is up to 4-times faster than without NT Base.
In terms of processing, there are two different construction techniques:
After cement has been applied to the soil in situ, it is milled to a certain level. During this process, the cement is introduced and mixed in the milling chamber. Water and additive NT BASE are then also injected into the milling chamber. The surface is already slightly pre-compacted, but does require additional compaction prior to the top layer application (if desired).
The substrate is pre-mixed in a stationary or mobile mixing plant, which also mixes cement and NT BASE. Subsequently, a truck will transport the respective mix to the construction site and to the equipment which will apply the base layer. A paver or a grader will then create the plane prior to compaction. Additional steps include the application of surface layers consisting of grit, asphalt or concrete.
PROPERTIESSurfaces built with NT BASE have the following properties:
- High bending tensile strength
- High compressive strength
- Extended durability
- Geringer Unterhaltungsaufwand
- Low maintenance costs
- Low water ingress depth
- Very low climate sensitivity
- High level of frost resistance
- Low degree of shrinkage
- No desiccation
- Sets with fresh and salt water*
- Sets in the presence of organic soil components*
- Sets even if soil contaminants are present*